Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Alice in Shadowland

I do believe Alice would have enjoyed a day in Shadowland as much as she did in Wonderland. Both have a magical ambience and all essence of time is lost.
I have recently started my student placement at Shadowland Theatre with the lovely Anne Barber and Brad Harley. It has been an amazing experience so far and I really feel connected to they work. They basically write and produce alot of their own plays and shows.



I've been helping with the backdrop for their show....

Hansel and Gretel: The Fast Food Version

This Punch and Judy-style, modern interpretation of the classic tale was created in a collaboration between Shadowland artists, young people of the Parkdale neighbourhood and adults from 6 St Joseph House. A 15 minute puppet and mask show to delight all ages with it’s irreverent humour and outrageous characters. 

Lots of doing and using what I love most : design, colour sewing, fabric! just all kinds of goodness.
Also a few other things, I will keep posting as the days go by and things progress.




Have a wander, maybe you will find a show that interests you, maybe you too will be lost in this land of creativity and imagination.

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
All work by Johana Cordero is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.