Monday, April 26, 2010

Bagteria Cells

Took me a while, I should have posted this before since its an old project but here it is! This is for a project I did for my dye and print class. We had to make a series of three bags.
"Based on microscopic biological imagery, Katherine’s bags can be worn anywhere on the body, self-attached by magnets.  They function both as a discrete pocket and as a jewelry-like adornment, suggesting organic growth and form." 


This is how my teacher described it and I thought it was perfect!


These three beautiful ladies are modeling my three designs.


I thought it would be cute to see them on guys as well and I found three guys wearing plaid shirts. Dont they look amazing!

They have an industrial red felt base, handmade felt on top with applique pieces and lots of both machine and hand embroidery. They have a small pocket at the back and attach to anywhere with magnets. I was inspired by microscopic picture of different bacteria. Thus the name of the series 'Bagteria Cells' 




Just some close ups of the texture and patterns in my bags/pockets.
hope you enjoyed them!

4 comments:

katie walker said...

LOVe that you got a picture of the boys wearing them!!

Katherine Johana said...

HAHA yes, I do love that picture!

Kate Hunter said...

agreed. those guys have an over abundance of plaid shirts.

Katherine Johana said...

haha they do! its kinda scary...I actually sent wyllie to the shop to find some one else.....I knew there had to be some other guy with a plaid shirt and he found Chris haha

Creative Commons License
All work by Johana Cordero is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.