Thursday, March 11, 2010

Faerie-ality





This was a necklace I made for my print class. It was part of a costume design for the play Madama Butterfly. The belt, bracelet and the top part of the necklace are crochet with mohair yarn. The necklace is made of layers of organza with disperse dyes printed. Very fantasy and fairy tale inspired. Theres a book called Fairie-ality that really inspired the theme of my costume.





This is a corset belt I also made for my costume it is on brown vinyl and machine embroidered with multicolor thread. 
This was the skirt made of a silk stiched waist piece and layers of stitched and dirperse dyed organza.
I love the transparency this fabric gives as it is layered.

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
All work by Johana Cordero is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.