Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bleeding out

Hi Hi!
So I decided to start blogging! I dont really know if I will have anything interesting to say but I will always have pretty pictures. Technology is not my friend at all but we are living in an era where its all dependent on it so Im going to get with the times and get out of my cave. Take a walk into the woods with me...hope you enjoy what I blog about :D








First Post!!!!

This is a necklace and bracelet I made for my textiles investigation class. It is made out of red wool fleece, mohair red yarn and wire. It was wet felted all together. wire runs through the top part of the necklace for support. Small needle felted blood cells were included after as well as the button.








This is also a sample piece inspired by blood cell, I loved it so much that I hung it on my wall. Well took me a while to find the exact size hoop because it was cut as a circle and I didnt leave much space. This is hand stitched with red mohair yarn on hand printed and dyed cotton. The fabric was actually a sample for class, just playing around with color and print and Im really glad I saved it because scrap fabric and samples are always useful for something :D

0 comments:

Creative Commons License
All work by Johana Cordero is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence.